Table of Contents
Anti Inflammatory Medications
We all get injured from time to time. When you do get injured, you have no doubt observed and experienced how your body has responded to the injury. One common response is inflammation, where your injury becomes hot, red and painful. Internal inflammation also exists. It may not be visible, obvious or even all that painful. However, it can cause serious health problems.
Internal inflammation can be caused by having high insulin levels in your blood stream on a consistent basis. It can also possibly lead to insulin resistance.
Anti Inflammatory Medications (Drugs)
Anti inflammatory drugs are prescribed to treat inflammation caused by arthritis and various skeletal problems. These non steroidal drugs are documented as having caused side effects including ulcers of the stomach. Caution should be exercised when using these NSAIDs with medications such as Warfarin or aspirin which are known to thin the blood.
Other Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory include Ibuprofen, Celebrex and Voltarin
Anti Inflammatory Medication Side Effects
They have been known to cause liver problems.
- Light headedness
- Elevated blood pressure
- Fluid retention
Over the Counter Anti Inflammatory Medications
Panadol and Tylenol (which contain acetaminophen) are common over the counter anti inflammatory and as of course are Aspirin and Tylenol.
Be aware that acetaminophen, if taken in quantity has been known to cause liver damage. (Urinary problems and skin rashes are other problems that may arise) ****Anti Inflammatory Medications For Back Pain
Aspirin is the most commonly used anti inflammatory medications for back pain. As surprising as it may seem, aspirin can cause side effects which although rare, can sometimes be serious.
Tylenol will relieve pain but does not reduce inflammation.
Remember, that all medications available over the counter for back pain will provide some relief but with some risks.
Another condition that can potentially cause inflammation is when your cells grow insensitive to insulin. Your pancreas might grow more active. It then can release higher levels of insulin as an attempt to reduce the increasing levels of sugar in your blood stream.
Harmful changes can occur inside your body when you have high insulin levels on a consistent basis. Your arterial walls may be potentially damaged. Your kidney may secrete less salt, you may develop higher blood pressure and your blood may tend to thicken. These are all conditions you may develop over time if your insulin level stays too high.
A decrease in High Density Lipids and elevated triglycerides can seriously threaten the future health of anyone suffering from the harmful effects that inflammation brings to the body.
Eating some or all of the following foods is a healthy and natural way to help reduce the harmful effects that inflammation can cause.
* Scallions, or green onions, are an excellent source of quercetin, a flavonoid with anti-inflammatory properties.
* Romain lettuce contains selenium, which has many healthy benefits. Romaine contains many other benefits as well and is also quite tasty.
* Onions are one of the best natural anti inflammatory foods you can eat. Red onions in particular are rich in phytonutrients, which are powerful anti-inflammatory agents.
* Leeks are a very healthy vegetable full of very strong sulphur compounds, which have very powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
* Sesame seeds- both the seeds and oil are anti-inflammatory. However, don’t use sesame seed oil when cooking. The oil actually becomes inflammatory when cooked. When cooking, you should use oil olive. Sesame oil can be used on cold foods such as salads.
* Extra Virgin Olive Oil contains powerful polyphenols. They protect your blood vessels and heart from inflammation. Monounsaturated fats are also contained in olive oil. These fats turned into an effective anti-inflammatory agent. Oil that contains monounsaturated fats is avocado oil, which is a great oil to use for cooking.
* Green tea is full of flavonoids, which are powerful and completely natural anti-inflammatory agents. Green tea is not as processed as other teas, and therefore offers more antioxidant polyphenols.
* Salmon contains DHA and EPA. These omega-3 fatty acids are very effective for fighting inflammation. Many studies have supported those healthy benefits that omega-3s provide to the body. Many of these studies show the omega-3s do an excellent job at healing inflammation. Walnuts and flaxseeds are also good sources of omega-3 fats. There are also supplements available with omega-3 fatty acids.
* Parsley is rich in nutrients with not only anti-inflammatory substances, but detoxifying and anti-spasmodic ones as well that help with digestive problems such as indigestion and colic.
* Spinach and kale both are rich in carotenoids, a powerful anti inflammatory antioxidant.
* Garlic contains high amounts of the powerful antioxidant quercetin and is a readily available natural anti inflammatory treatment.
* Soaked walnuts contain high levels of omega-3 fatty oils and vitamin E. When walnuts are soaked for a couple of hours in water, it reduces the fat concentration and makes it easier to digest the nuts.
* Broccoli contains high levels of calcium and vitamin C. This green vegetable is one of the most powerful natural anti inflammatory treatments and healthiest foods you can eat.
* Turmeric is one of the strongest natural anti inflammatory treatments to fight autoimmune forms of inflammation and pain. Turmeric helps to boost antioxidant production in your body.
Two of the fastest ways of reducing inflammation without the dangers of some anti inflammatory medications is to quit using stimulants and stop smoking cigarettes. Nicotine and caffeine are both taxing and unhealthy for your body. Reducing or completely eliminating them will help to significantly decrease your inflammation.
Anti Inflammatory Medicine
Most people would never consider handing over prescription pain medicine to a friend who complained of a toothache or headache, yet the same individual may offer a tube of topical cream to a friend who complained of joint pain. Of course, no harm is intended by this generous offer, but it stems from a misunderstanding of topical prescription pain relievers.
People often assume that creams cannot be abused or overused, but that is not the case. These misconceptions can be easily cleared up by reviewing a sample of frequently asked questions and their corresponding answers.
Q: How do topical pain relievers work?
A: Treatment options for muscle and joint pain vary, but one of the most effective is the line of prescription topical creams. They work by blocking nerves that send pain impulses to the affected area and absorb into the skin at a slow pace, so relief lasts for several hours.
Q: Can I wear clothing over a topical pain reliever?
A: When possible, the area should be left open to breathe. However, when that is not possible, the cream can certainly be covered with a bandage or clothing. Absorption begins with the initial application, so waiting just a few minutes before covering the area will ensure that the medication is not rubbed off or otherwise rendered ineffective.
Q: How often should I apply the topical pain reliever?
A: Just as with any other prescription pain reliever, topical medications should be used only per the doctor’s recommendations. As a general rule, prescription topical pain relievers will last anywhere from four to eight hours.
Q: How well do the prescription pains creams work?
A: The latest studies show that over 80% of patients using prescription pain reliever cream benefit tremendously from them for a variety of conditions. This includes arthritis, back or neck pain, neuropathy, sports injuries, ligament or tendon injuries, post-surgical incision areas and more.
Q: Why should I use topical pain creams, I already take oral medication?
A: Topical prescription pain creams have absolutely minimal bloodstream absorption. So they relieve pain directly over the affected area, while not leading to addiction or any systemic effects. They may decrease the amount of oral medications necessary for pain relief, so they are a great option for doctors and patients looking for pain relief answers!
Q: I just found an old prescription tube of pain relieving cream. Is this still good?
A: Maybe. However, this does not mean you should use it. Most manufacturers print an expiration date and lot number at the bottom of the tube. If you are not under medical care, or are planning to use the medication for a different symptom, consult a physician rather than self-medicating.
Q: My purse was in the car overnight and my topical pain relief cream is frozen, what should I do?
A: Ideally, prescription medications should be kept in an even and temperate climate, but sometimes accidents happen. Allow the medication to thaw naturally and continue to use as directed. Generally speaking, it is better to freeze than overheat a topical cream. Overheating causes a breakdown in the active ingredients and makes the cream appear greasy as a result of the separation of medications.
Q: My mother doesn’t need her prescription arthritis cream anymore; can I use it for my wrist? I think I have carpal tunnel syndrome.
A: This is really two questions wrapped into one, so let’s look at each one situation separately. First, you stated that you ‘think’ you have carpal tunnel syndrome. Before moving forward with treatment, you should seek medical attention to confirm the diagnosis and receive a treatment plan. Second, no – you should never use anyone else’s prescription medication under any circumstances. Doing so could cause illness or an allergic reaction.
The Top Medications That Fight Away Inflammation
There are signs and symptoms associated with inflammation. For instance, if you are apparently suffering from acute type of inflammatory condition, you may likely experience pain, immobility or dysfunction, redness or blood pooling, temperature increase, as well as accumulation of fluid resulting to swelling of the affected area.
The signs and symptoms of the problem could be eradicated provided that you use top anti-inflammatory medications. You could buy the medications over the counter instead of getting prescriptions from your doctor repeatedly. A few of the best are given below: **OTC Medications
This is an OTC medication that could act as an anti-inflammatory drug would be effective if you want to cut down the pain caused by inflammatory diseases. Most often, this non-steroidal medication is recommended to people experiencing chronic low back pain. However, take note that Naproxen may cause serious side effects, such as circulation issues, heart disease risks, and inflammatory conditions. You just need to take observance of this so that reporting to your doctor will be done post-haste.
This OTC solution has long been used by people. It is particularly effective if you are suffering from migraine or headaches. It could also be used for inflammatory conditions, which are related to pain. Compared to Naproxen, it may only cause fewer side effects. If you are ever suffering from injury, cut, or bruise that concerns bleeding, you should seek for medical treatment right away for aspirin may have inhibited your platelets.
The anti-inflammatory solution could be best applied if you suffer from pain and inflammation. Take note that it may cause side effects similarly brought by Naproxen. Immediate medical assistance is needed if you observe adverse bodily reactions after taking it.
The anti-inflammatory formulation is declared to be a pain relief complex that could address back pain, tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, as well as tennis elbow among others. It is powered with vitamin B6, arnica, and MSM among others. Thousands of clients have supported this product for it is powered with relief guaranteed.
Besides such, it has been developed by trusted chemist from Southern California.Omega-3’s Anti-inflammatory Solution by Great Health Works. The product is powered with a wide array of concentrated omega-3 fatty acids, which are among the trusted ingredients in protecting the body from inflammation. It is contained in capsules, which you may take to address arthritis pain.
Sombra Pain-Relieving Gel
The topical application is known for its cooling ingredients and warming compounds that could effectively give inflammation relief. It is made as a non-greasy formulation that absorbs quickly into the skin. The USA-made formula is best for aches and chronic conditions like gout, fibromyalgia, hip pain, heel spurs, and Achilles tendonitis.
Prasanta Chatterjee is involved in healthcare market research since 2009. He loves to write about alternative health, herbal health along with general healthcare.